Pumpkin Seeds Recipes
Pumpkin seeds (pepita) are edible kernels of fruit pumpkin. The seeds, indeed, are concentrated sources of many health-benefiting vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and essential amino acids such as tryptophan, and glutamate. Crunchy, delicious pumpkin seeds are high in calories; about 559 calories per 100 g. Also, they are packed with fiber, vitamins, minerals, and numerous health promoting antioxidants.
Here are some ways that you can get more creative with your pumpkin seeds.
Cinnamon Toast Pumpkin Seeds
Excellent Halloween treat. All ingredients are approximate and may be adjusted to individual taste. Serve immediately while warm or later after cooling.
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Mix butter, cinnamon, and salt together in a bowl.
- Place pumpkin seeds in a large bowl and pour butter mixture over seeds; toss to evenly coat. Spread coated seeds in a single layer onto a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven, stirring occasionally, until seeds are lightly browned, about 40 minutes. Remove baking sheet from oven; sprinkle sugar over seeds and stir until evenly coated.
Cheesy Roasted Pumpkin Seeds Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons melted butter (or olive oil)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan or Pecorino cheese
- 1 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Scoop out the inside of your pumpkin, and separate seeds from pulp. Don’t worry if there’s a little pulp left on the seeds when you roast them—it only adds flavor. Just remove the biggest pieces so that the seeds are easy to toss.
- In a bowl, toss the seeds with the melted butter, coating thoroughly. Add salt and seasonings.
- Spread seeds in one even layer across a greased baking sheet (or you can use a cookie sheet covered in aluminum foil).
- They’re baking, so that they toast evenly.
Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 medium pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Clean the seeds.
- Boil for 10 minutes in salt water.
- Drain the seeds in a colander and dry lightly with a paper towel or tea towel.
- Spread seeds onto a baking sheet and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil
- Roast seeds at 325F for 10 minutes
- ! Remove from oven, add a bit more Herbamare, and dig in.
Sweet and Salty Pumpkin Seeds
- 2cups fresh pumpkin seeds (from 2 medium pumpkins), rinsed and patted dry
- 2tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2tablespoons granulated sugar
- ½teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Heat oven to 300° F. Spread the seeds on a rimmed baking sheet and bake until dry throughout, 50 to 60 minutes.
- Increase oven temperature to 350° F. In a large bowl, toss the seeds with the butter, sugar, salt, and cinnamon. Return the seeds to the baking sheet and toast, tossing occasionally, until golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes.
Caramelised spiced pumpkin seeds
- 3 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 130g raw whole pumpkin seeds, washed and dried
- cooking spray or oil for greasing
- 2 teaspoons salt or to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- Preheat oven to 150 C / Gas 2. Line a baking tray with baking parchment.
- In a large bowl, stir together 3 tablespoons of sugar, the cumin, cinnamon, ginger and cayenne pepper; set aside.
- Place the pumpkin seeds on the prepared baking tray, spray them with cooking spray and sprinkle with salt to taste. Bake the seeds in the preheated oven until lightly golden, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat and stir in the toasted pumpkin seeds along with 2 tablespoons of sugar. Cook and stir the seeds until the sugar forms a coating on the seeds, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir the caramelised seeds into the bowl of sugar-spice mixture, toss to coat and let cool.
Garlic Parmesan Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds, toasted in shell
- 1 Tbsp butter, melted
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp parmesan, grated
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Lay clean, dry pumpkin seeds flat on baking sheet and drizzle with cooking oil of your choice. Sprinkle the pumpkin seeds with a coarse salt.
- Bake the seeds at 350F for 5-10 minutes, or until the seeds have just started to brown.
- In a bowl, combine the melted butter, garlic powder, pepper and grated Parmesan. Add toasted pumpkin seeds to bowl and toss to coat.
- Put coated pumpkin seeds back in oven and continue to bake for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let cool and enjoy!